R.S.V.P. - Retired Senior Volunteer Program
Your Time can Make a Difference!
Do you know that 2-4 hours a week of your free time can mean the world to someone that struggles to live independently at home? RSVP volunteers provide caring words, help run small errands, read & play games/puzzles/cards, and give a careful eye to changes in client's daily activities so we can connect them to other services they may need. Your time is all it takes to help make a needed difference in someone else's life.
- Reading Buddy Volunteers in K-12 classes help build vocabulary and comprehension so students have higher reading levels.
- Socialization is key to good health and volunteers visit weekly, run local errands, help provide assistance for Senior to remain living independently at home.
- Developmentally challenged young adults work 1-on-1 in community with other volunteers, helping them stretch their horizons.
- Volunteers help proctor EOG Exams at our local K-12 schools, and participate in judging senior projects at HS and Early College.
- Call Care (telephone assistance) volunteers do check in calls to brighten a homebound seniors day, as well as making them feel they are safe and cared for.
- Senior Health Insurance Information volunteers help provide Medicare/Medical Prescription advice.
- Meals-on-Wheels volunteers deliver locally one day a week (approx. 1-1.5 hours).
More Volunteers Needed!
Volunteers are the bridge that help our elderly keep their dignity and independence. Right now, we desperately need more volunteers throughout Pender County. RSVP is becoming more prominent in the community and referrals are coming from everywhere. Socialization is key to good help and volunteer visits help reduce the amount of hospital stays in Pender County. Caregivers desperately need a short break from loved ones, volunteers provide the perfect answers of time away.
Contact: Barbara Mullins
Call 259-9119 (x329) for more information.
Like Us on Facebook!
Most volunteers have some life experiences that no one else has. Seniors have many life skills to share and so much expertise gained through their lifetime. Chances are very high that you are skilled in more than one thing. Please share your skills and time with us! In return volunteering promotes healthier and happier living for you.
Pender Adult Services, Inc.
901 So. Walker Street / P. O. Box 1251